The Clubhouse and Facilities
|Club Cellar • More ...||Volunteers||Club Hall|
The club facilities are available for any functions e.g.
weddings, birthdays ...
See an example!
Our special offer: Catering for up to 150 guests • Personalised Services • Entertainment • MC
After some intensive research, here are some interesting facts about our Clubhouse:
|The land on which our Clubhouse is built was first owned in 1883 by
Mr John William Parsons.
In 1923, the land transferred to the Dominican Fathers Incorporated of Adelaide and the Catholic Church Endowment Society Incorporated.
Our Clubhouse was a two-classroom school which closed in the late 1960s.
The Austrian Association purchased the building, on the 20th August 1970 for a cost of $18,000.
In 1973, the first additions were added, namely the bar in the main hall, foyer, toilets and cool-room.
In 1975, the stockroom was added to the front of the building.
The first Frühschoppen was held on Sunday, 27th February 1977 from an idea presented to the Committee by Mr Toni Taurer. During the summer months our Frühschoppens were well attended by our members and guests.
In May 1979, extensive upgrading of our Club Cellar took place.
On the 14th October 1980 at 10.30 a.m. the Clubhouse was owned by its members.
May 1983: The hall and cellar ceilings were installed to improve acoustics and a provision was made for air-conditioning. The outside vergola was built in 1985 for a cost of $20,000.
September 1994: The car park across the road was built after an 18-month struggle with Prospect Council and local residents.
June 1995: Opening of the extensive cellar renovations which included a new kitchen, bar, conference room, office, handicap toilet and a shower at a cost of $160,000.
In 2006 the hall received a major facelift thanks to the efforts of Mr Walter Aigner and his helpers.